Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

New Year's Resolutions--How to Make Them Stick to the Wall

I've always maintained that one of easiest ways to stay on course with a New Year's Resolution is to start it prior to New Year's. That way while everyone else is grumbling about the 8 lbs. they gained and how hard it is to get to the gym, you will find that you are happily already on course and have started internalizing positive new habits. Most of us has heard that it takes about 21 days or 3 weeks of doing something daily to make it part of our behavior vernacular. 21 days to make it past the pitfalls of procrastination, the quicksand of excuses and rationalizations. Read a little more about being Earnest in your habit-changing from Ernest.

Then there's the matter of intentions. In moving forward to a more positive place and gaining better inner peace, it helps to think of where we intend our thoughts.

One of my intentions is that I am constantly adding to my competencies in technical matters. I encourage you to add this intention for yourself. For example, I realize as a marketer and someone who's "snap-happy," it's essential for me to learn better how to operate my digital camera. Most of us have cameras that will do oh, so much more than we ask them to. Today I discovered how to set the timer to take a picture without a photographer standing behind the camera, and also how to take a sequence of pictures.

And then for sanity's sake, I took some time to organize a couple hundred images in logical folders. *SIGH* Filing is never fun, but better when done as you go. I would be interested what YOUR systems to keep digital images organized; please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment