Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dancing despite all obstacles


I've spent the last week or so getting the word out about The Shimmy Club.

This organization really excites me. I love tango. It's an essential part of my life, as it allows me to express myself and connect with others in some vital, addictive way.

The Shimmy Club brings the fascinating individuals of professional tango into the lives of young people with visual disabilities or blindness in a unique way.

Dance is so electrifying to the soul. I hope this YouTube video will remain up so others can share how joyful dance is, perhaps especially to those with some type of physical limitation. The music's pretty catch, and this dancer's spirit and jazzy energy certainly is contagious. Love it!

Let's never hear someone say they can't dance as they have two left feet, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment